Product Management for Engineers
Sunday; Jan 20th 2016 ; 17:00 – 21:00 ; 6 sessions
The objective of this course is to qualify product and marketing managers from multi-disciplinary technology domains by providing leading edge product management methodologies, combined with tools for market analysis, correct product definitions, close support to the R&D team and full layout of the product launch process.
- Expose the details of product management theory and best practice to product managers and key marketing managers in technology oriented organizations, focusing on multi-disciplinary elements (electronics, mechanics, optics etc. …);
- Introduce tools and methods from planning to product launch while taking into consideration time constraints, resources and competition;
- Improve organization synergy through reduction of friction between the various teams
Main topicsThese days, product management is one of the most sought after positions in hi-tech companies. This position requires leadership skills, technology leadership, marketing orientation and enormous responsibility. This course frames product management into 4 domains: 1. Product Strategy 2. Product Definition 3. Product Development and 4. Product Marketing. The are two facets to product management – Inbound, which encompasses product expertise, including ownership over existing and new products, management of product requirements and deep involvement in the development and launch; and Outbound, where the product manager is the company expert for his product, while at the same time representing market requirements and customer needs. The course provides knowledge and tools for product managers and marketing managers coming from a technical, multi-disciplinary background, and who cope with the complexities of product management on a daily basis, as well as, navigation throughout the product’s life cycle (from positioning through competitive analysis to the development roadmap). The end result is a business plan that takes into account all the internal and external constraints – a plan that the entire organization is committed to for its success.
- Professionals with a technical background that are looking to launch a career as product managers;
- Product managers and marketing managers in technology-based companies who are interested in enriching their knowledge with fresh and innovative tools and methods for product management success;
- Managers in technology-based companies that are responsible for the product management domain as part of their position. Participants who fulfill course requirements (minimum 80% attendance and submission of all required assignments) will receive a graduate certification from Afeka College External Studies Unit
LecturesErez Ravid Erez has over 20 years of experience in leading management positions in the Israeli Hi-tech industry – from startups to corporates, such as Nova measuring systems, Applied Materials and Intel. He has held positions as VP of Marketing, Sales and Service and has a great deal of experience with product management. He holds a B.Sc. In Materials Engineering from Ben-Gurion University and an M.Sc.in Applied Physics and EMBA from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Daphna Rosenthal Daphna is an academic lecturer on product management at Emek Israel College, Sapir College, and the Holon Institute of Technology. She has previously held several executive management positions such as VP Product Management at TaKaDo, VP Marketing at HLS Startup, VP Marketing and Product Management at Dassault Systems and VP marketing at TTI Telecom. She holds a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the Technion and an MBA from California University.
Course Fee 3,600 NIS (+ VAT)
Afeka students and alumni - 10% discount
Early registration – 10% discount
For further details please contact Oz Mahlebani, 03-7688659 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working experience in a technology-based environment or product management in various domains
- Product, marketing or sales management
- Basic know-how of product or service life cycles
- Working knowledge of English
For course description in Hebrew